PharMetrX 10-Years Celebration Symposium
The structured Graduate Research Training Program PharMetrX – Pharmacometrics and Computational Disease Modelling was launched in 2008. Over the past 10 years, PharMetrX has developed into a successful and internationally renowned PhD program at the Freie Universität Berlin and Universität Potsdam.
On this occasion, the PharMetrX 10-Years Celebration Symposium will be held in Berlin from 19-21 April 2018!
The PharMetrX Symposium will take place at the Harnack-Haus, Ihnestr. 16-20, 14195 Berlin/Germany. The overarching theme of the Celebration Symposium is
“On the path from big data to precision medicine”.
Registration by email invitation only. In case you are interested to join the symposium, please contact us via email.
Enrollment and payment of the registration fee (PhD students/Postdocs: 50 EUR, Non-PhD students/Non-Postdocs: 100 EUR) must be done via the online registration portal.
Payment can be done by wire transfer only (bank account details will be provided in the registration form; an invoice can be sent upon request). Please note that your registration is only valid if we have received your payment within 21 days. The registration fee is not refundable, not even in the extremely unlikely event of cancellation of the symposium due to force majeure.
We are looking forward to a fascinating and stimulating PharMetrX 10-Years Celebration Symposium!
Go to the online registration portal.
Thursday, 19 April 2018
14:00 Start of on-site check-in
15:00-18:00 Academic Ceremony, including
- Welcome addresses by the President of the Freie Universität Berlin, Peter-André Alt, and the President of the Universität Potsdam, Oliver Günther
- Presentation "Past-Present-Future of PharMetrX"
- Keynote Lecture by Gunaretnam (Guna) Rajagopal (Global Head of Computational Sciences within Discovery Sciences at Janssen R&D/USA): "Translating Big Data into Insight for Enabling Drug Discovery & Development"
18:00-20:00 Welcome reception
Friday, 20 April 2018
Scientific discourse "On the challenging path from big data to precision medicine"
9:00-12:00 Five impulse talks on big data and precision medicine, including presentations by
- Stefan Holdenrieder (Technical University of the State of Bavaria): "Big data for Multi-Biomarker Application in the Clinical Lab: Challenges and Pitfalls"
- Thorsten Moos (Kirchliche Hochschule Wuppertal/Bethel): "Informational autonomy or post-privacy? Ethical issues in big data medicine"
- André Scherag (Jena University Hospital): "The Need for Epidemiological Thinking in the Era of Big Data and Precision Medicine"
- Sebastian Stober (U Potsdam): "Deep Learning for Medical Big Data - Potential and Limitations"
- Matteo Carli (xBird/Medical AI): "Contextual and Behavioural Data as Opportunites for Treatments of the Future"
13:45-16:00 Think tanks "Big data and precision medicine": impact on research & training (jointly with the speakers of the morning)
16:00-17:00 Plenum: Presentation of think tanks outputs
19:00-23:00 Conference Dinner
Saturday, 21 April 2018
10:00-16:00 Network meeting of former and present PharMetrX PhD students. This year, the Network meeting is open to all interested participants
- Exchange of latest news, networking
- Certificate Awarding for PhD students of the PharMetrX Years 2014+2015
- further activities tba
As a stimulating input and preparation to the symposium, please see the article by Huang, Mulzasasmita and Rajagopal, Expert Rev Precision Med Drug Develop, 1, 2016 (link).