Dipl. Pharmacist / Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg
Begin: March 2008
Mentor: Boehringer Ingelheim
My PhD project deals with the exploration, choice and determination of the design of microdialysis studies. These studies are able to explore the concentration of drugs or PD markers at the site of action. In contrast to plasma sampling, microdialysate is continously sampled over a longer time period and the period is divided in usually identical collection time intervals. For this reason the placement of starting and endpoints and the number of the collection intervals are parameters that influence the quality (accuracy and precision) of information obtained in these studies.
Various methods of Optimal Design are explored whether the quality of information of a microdialysis study can be improved or rather for the same quality of information whether a more efficient study design is possible. Ultimately, these analyses can give useful information about the utilisation of microdialysis as a therapeutic drug monitoring technique in patients.
- M. Scholz.
Variance-Inflation-Factor als Methodik zur Optimierung von Studiendesigns.
Diploma thesis, Martin-Luther-Universitaet Halle-Wittenberg (2008)
- M. Scholz.
Preclinical PK data modelling of pramipexole exploiting multiple determination sites.
PharMetrX-Meeting,, Wittenberg, 18.10.2010
- M. Scholz, N. Plock and C. Kloft.
Optimal Design for the improvement of sampling schedules of microdialysis studies.
Population Approach Group in Europe, St. Petersburg, 2009
- 2011: Start as head of a pharmacy
- March 2008: PhD student in the Graduate Research Training Program 'Pharmacometrics & Computational Disease Modelling'
- 06/2008: Defence of diploma thesis
- 12/2007: Registered pharmacist
- 09/2006-12/2006 and 07/2007-10/2007: Diploma student at the Institute of Pharmacy, Dept. Clinical Pharmacy (Prof. C. Kloft), Martin-Luther-Universitaet Halle-Wittenberg
- 01/2007-06/2007: Preregistration student at the Adler Apotheke, Leipzig
- 09/2006: Second State Pharmaceutical Examination
- 08/2005-09/2005: Voluntary Intership at the Institute for Biomedical and
- Pharmaceutical Research (Prof. F. Soergel), Nuernberg-Heroldsberg
- 10/2002-09/2006: Undergraduate studies of Pharmacy at the Martin-Luther-Universitaet Halle-Wittenberg